Re: Aluminum radiators

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum radiators
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:02:53 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim,

I not only saw Ol' Yeller :) at the last TWO V8 Meets, you let me drive her
back from breakfast. Good thing I didn't have too much coffee!

I also remember the cooling holes in the fenderwells that the headers pass
thru. It has often been mentioned that getting the heat out of the bay is
the key. Which, I happen to believe that my driven fan does. Ceramic coating
of headers, yes, is a proven help.

The horsepower loss? What are we really talking here, 2-4 HP? And, sorry
James, I can't agree with the statement about going electric fan "lessens
noise".  Some of the high CFM electric fans (which is what is needed) sound
like a Hoover when they come on. :)

Carl
Stock rad, block huggers, driven fan....no overheating.