Re: Help. Tires touching RV8 headers

To: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help. Tires touching RV8 headers
From: Simon & Donna <sdaustin@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:42:15 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Haven't got this problem with my headers, Mike. My tires are 205/60-15's. I'll run them lock-to-lock tomorrow and let you know how close they come. I'll measure the head clearance as well but I know they aren't that close.

Simon

Subject: Help. Tires touching RV8 headers

At full lock, the tires are touching the headers. Anyone experience
anything like this before? My tires are a bit larger than stock, 195/60-15,
but that shouldn't be anything different that other V8'ers. I believe I
bought these from Ted Schumacher. The offset of the headers is to the back
of the engine, and the passenger side head is about 1/4" away from the
firewall.

MIke