RE: Help. Tires touching RV8 headers

To: "Simon & Donna" <sdaustin@shaw.ca>, "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help. Tires touching RV8 headers
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:19:39 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have built 6 conversions, most using 19/65/15 tires & wheels, and they all
rub slightly at full lock. I have used Datsun 280Z wheels, offset close, but
not exactly the same as MG wheels. I have used RV8 and block hugger headers
with the same results. The only time it is a real problem is when you are
tuning the carb with the wheels at full lock. The smell will get your
attention.

Jim Stuart

jimbb88@comcast.net

Haven't got this problem with my headers, Mike. My tires are 205/60-15's.
I'll run them lock-to-lock tomorrow and let you know how close they come.
I'll measure the head clearance as well but I know they aren't that close.

Simon

Subject: Help. Tires touching RV8 headers