Re: Running hot under load during hot (90F degrees+) days

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Running hot under load during hot (90F degrees+) days
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:58:48 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Bill,

Just for curiousity, are your headers ceramic coated?

I'm also inclined to believe that you don't have enough radiator (& maybe
that shroud is blocking airflow). Next time turn on the heater and see if
the temp drops with the help of the heater core.

Also, make sure you don't have a radiator hose collapsing.

Some good reading on radiators & overheating (they have more tech. articles):

http://www.arrowheadradiator.com/14_rules_for_improving_engine_cooling_system_capability_in_high-performance_automobiles.htm

Be sure & read Improvement Rule #2.

I run stock V8 radiator without overheating, but my 215 is only putting 162hp to the rear wheels.

Carl Floyd

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Zenkus" <mgb_zenkus@yahoo.com>