RE: Running hot under load during hot (90F degrees+) days

To: "Bill Zenkus" <mgb_zenkus@yahoo.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running hot under load during hot (90F degrees+) days
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:35:55 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I run an iron block, ally head Buick 300,9.8:1 CR in my BGT and it runs
cool( a matter of opinion) 190' in traffic or on the road, but the radiator
is 22" x 19" cross flow, RV8 headers and a 3300 CFM puller fan. I use an
"ST" spoiler fully sealed/ducted to the radiator. The front frame rails were
notched & boxed to allow for the radiator.

Try setting the timing back to 6-7' in the hot weather. I actually run
straight water with a can of rust inhibiter/water pump lubricant. Water
Wetter is almost worthless. I have tested it several times and it never made
a measurable difference. It won't hurt anything, however.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@comcast.net>