Re: SU Choke

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Choke
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 95 15:01:55 -0800
In message <9502232119.AA06534@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu> Will Zehring writes:
> John Trindle writes:
>
> >No, I just replaced my choke cable, and am having trouble getting the
> >footprints out of my dash.  It turned out there was a kink in the cable
> >which made it very stiff.
> >

> And I can second that from my own experience.  I had a hard to operate cable
> and it turned out that the wire had partly broken and was becoming unwound
> in the casing.  It would snag and tagle and then that was about it.
>
> Will Zehring

I had one of those too.  I just tied a length of bailing twine to the choke
handle  to get more leaverage.  When my last engine rebuild happened I replaced
the cable inside & it slips easily now.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards