Re: MGs in the press

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: MGs in the press
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 11:20:31 -0600 (CST)
John M. Trindle writes:
> Do soldering shut the poppet valves really help?  They're still in the
> way, aren't they?  And that's where any real power loss would be, I would
> think.

Oh, sorry.  A bit of careless wordsmithing on my part.  What I meant to
convey is the process of _ripping the valves out_ and soldering the
resultant holes shut.  The PO, or somebody, did this to my HIFs.  There
is no obstruction.

> What about getting solid plates instead of tacking the valves closed?

This would work, too, if you're chronically prone to using your wallet
instead of your wits (oops, now I've gone and done it).

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast