Re: SU carb styles

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU carb styles
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 22:47:06 -500
> If they're hard to tune, it means they need rebuilding.

Or even more likely there's something else wrong with the engine
itself- needing anything from a proper tune up to a head gasket.

Man, it's damn hard to balance the carbs on an engine with a chunk
out of an exhaust valve, or a blown gasket between #1 and #2. But,
those B-series engines seem to run almost decently even in that
state!

Oh, one of the good points of the HS4, compared to an HIF, is that
the mixture is fairly easy to get at and adjust. Of course, this can
also be one of the worst problems...

RG

We *could* have named our kids Mary or Melony, and Mark or Matt, or
some such, but we resisted...  There's already a yard full of M.G.'s
around here!