Re: 1976 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1976 Midget
From: Jeremy David Hranko <jh141494@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 12:10:53 -0500
title was wrong. I don't have the exact sequential numbers for the VIN with me,
but a 1976 should have a "G" code for the model year. For
Example:GAN6U"G"#######. If the car is indeed a '76 model, perhaps it is a very
early model, and the special dashboard was used to deplete the stock remaining.
British Leyland and BMC were known to do this quite often. My 1975 Midget
doesn't have the gold plate on the dashboard, but it was made in December of
1974. Maybe the plates were fitted to cars made in calender year 1975, rather
than specifically model year 1975. Hope that I have provided some clues so that
you may determine the proper origin of your dash plate.

-Jeremy Hranko
 1972 MGB-GT
 1975 Midget 1500