The Top 16 ways to tell if your car isn't normal

To: fisher@avistar.com, mgs@autox.team.net, trs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Top 16 ways to tell if your car isn't normal
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 95 13:35:55 -0800
From: Roger Sinasohn <sinasohn@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 22:20:01 -0800
To: twakeman@apple.com, lro@team.net
Subject: Re: Why a L-R

TeriAnn has a revelation...

> Good Golly!  Is this true?
>
> I've owned the The Green Rover since '78 and I had not realized it was
> not a normal car or that it was unusually quirky (Are you sure this is
> the case?).
>
> My Land Rover is a lot like my other cars.  Even has several of the same
> parts though it seems to have a few more parts in common with the TR3
> than with the MGB.
>
> land Rovers not normal cars?  Hmmm
>
> Are you shure?
>
> I mean really positive?

Well, to end the confusion, I have compiled...

     .---------------------------------------------------.
     | The Top 16 ways to tell if your car isn't normal: |
     '---------------------------------------------------'

16.  You can easily explain the merits and shortcomings of various
     carburetors when fitted to the particular engine in your car, as
     well as various other carburetor/engine combinations.

15.  You belong to a club whose members all own the same kind of car.

14.  The guys at Grand Auto, Kragen, and Pep Boys all look at you funny
     when you ask if they carry parts for your car.

13.  You shout with joy whenever you spot another car like yours on the
     road.  And your significant other wishes you got that excited when
     you see her.

12.  You play with Matchbox cars -- that look just like yours.

11.  The best part of the movie is when you spot the same type of car as
     yours in the traffic jam during the bank robbery.  (You also watch
     really bad movies just because they have your kind of car in them.)

10.  You order all your parts mail order, and not because its cheaper.

 9.  Everyone you know avoids mentioning your car unless they're having
     trouble sleeping.  They also won't tell you when they're looking for a
     new car.

 8.  Someone confuses your car with another make/model -- and you feel
     slighted.

 7.  You've owned your car for as long as Reagan can remember.  And you're
     violently opposed to legislation that would take cars more than 25
     years old off the road.

 6.  You've told your children that they must pass your car on to their
     children.

 5.  You subscribe to an expensive magazine (possibly foreign) that only
     covers your type of car.

 4.  You wave frantically and make funny faces at other people you see
     driving the same kind of car.

 3.  Your significant other has to stay with you at parties to make sure
     you don't start talking about your car.

 2.  Two words: 90 weight

 1.  Your car is older than you are.

Uncle Roger       ('65 Human 12")           INDY 1   - '59 Land Rover 109"
sinasohn@crl.com                            SFARI 88 - '72 Land Rover 88"
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards