re: MGB Cowl Drain, Oil Filters

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: MGB Cowl Drain, Oil Filters
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 12:04:00 -0500 (EST)
       A previous poster mentioned removing & cleaning an MGB Cowl drain. I'd
       like to remove mine to clean it, do you just grab onto it from below,
       and pull? I've ran hoses down it, high pressure air, dowels, whatever
       and it still backs up.

       I seem to recall a few years back that someone more knowledgeable than
       I (gee, THAT narrows it down!) said that the OEM UniPart filters have
       the anti drain valve in them (GFE 121, if memory serves) for the
       "upside-down" application, as in my car, so that's what I use.

       Colin

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB
       73 BMW 3.0s