Re: Determining model year

To: Allen Bachelder <Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Determining model year
From: Keith Holdsworth <holdswo@io.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 06:28:47 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Allen Bachelder wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently acquired what I think is a '74 MGB.  However, when I look at
> the plate inside the door it says Manufactured 9/73.  Am I correct in
> assuming that I have '74 model year MGB that was made in September '73, or
> do I have at '73.  If so, it could be that MOT did a typo on my ownership.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil Hunt
>
> '74? MGB
>
> Phil -
> There are THREE different '74 MGB models.  Those made from 9/73-on are '74s
> in the US, but doesn't the UK go by the calandar year?  At any rate, these
> '74s are identical to '73s regarding the bumpers.  I believe the January
> '74 models were those with the Sabrina bumper guards on chrome bumpers.
> Sometime, mid '74 the full rubber bumper models came out (the '74-1/2s?).
>
> ' Sounds to me like you have a proper early '74.  How does your VIN compare
> with those shown in the chart in the front of the Moss catalog?
>
> Allen Bachelder

Guys,a very good way to get access to technical experts who have the
answers to all these questions is to join up with the North American
MGB Register. I did and I have never been disappointed. Call Jai Deagan
JDEAGAN@aol.com or 1 800 NAMGBR1 and he will sign you up.
Keith Holdsworth <holdswo@io.org>