re: Determining model year

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Determining model year
From: "Phil Hunt, Proj Leader, Frontenac County Board Of Education"
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:30:21 EST
Thanks to all who responded to my query on determining model year.  To
summerize, the big problem is that the car was made in 9/73 and I wanted
to confirm if the model year was '74 (model year different from calendar year).
The catch was that I have teardrop bumperettes.  The mystery was solved by
Roger who looked up my serial numbers and concluded...

>you sir, have a '74. about the 100th one off the line. you have the taerdrops
>because they used them until december or so... maybe nov. whatever, it's kinda
>rare to see them on a '74. your first production month was actually 8/73. so
>yer car was a bit of a mystery, but now you know... and knowing is half the
>battle!!! but... what is the other half? anyways, good luck! i hope you have
>overdrive, now _that_ is fun!
  no luck-just the 4 speed.
>rog-

btw...I found the discussion 'Nother B Question very interesting.  This is
the exact project I'm starting now.  Looks like I'll be replacing the floors,
rockers (interior and exterior) and the castle rails.  I've ordered Lindsey
Porter's book on MG: Purchase & DIY Restoration through wordplay which
can be reached at (URL:  http://www.wordplay.com).

Any advice on this project greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

'74 MGB ;-)