Re: Determining model year

To: Allen Bachelder <Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Determining model year
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 10:02:06 -0500
On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Allen Bachelder wrote:

> ' Sounds to me like you have a proper early '74.  How does your VIN compare
> with those shown in the chart in the front of the Moss catalog?

Guys,a very good way to get access to technical experts who have the
answers to all these questions is to join up with the North American
MGB Register. I did and I have never been disappointed. Call Jai Deagan
JDEAGAN@aol.com or 1 800 NAMGBR1 and he will sign you up.
Keith Holdsworth <holdswo@io.org>

Keith -

Amen!! I already belong to NAMGBR.  The "MGB Driver" is first-class
journalism as well as interesting, informative, reading.  Last year Roche
Bentley brought an RV8 for us to admire at the convention in Washington DC.
What a thrill to get to know guys like him and Geof Allen from the old
Abingdon plant. ' Had serious intentions of going to Tahoe this summer for
the convention, but from Virginia, I just can't quite get enough time off
to make it happen.  What a shame - I have every confidence that my '73 B
could make it - but I cannot!  Maybe the mini-con in Georgia?

I repeat, NAMGBR is one terrific club.  It is certainly a must for all the
B and Midget owners on the list!  It's the best $25 you'll ever spend on
your car(s).  Founder John Twist as well as Caroline Robinson have done a
huge amount for all of us in the hobby.  And while I'm on the subject, I've
been to the University Motors Summer Party twice and I always hope to get
back (maybe this year!).  Along with the NAMGBR Conventions, this is Mecca
for all MGBs and Midgets.  And there's certainly plenty of room and respect
for all those wonderful other models.  Don't miss the vintage races while
you're there!

Allen Bachelder

Allen H. Bachelder, Associate Professor of Trumpet
                                         =iii=<
Department of Music, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
E-mail: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu, Phone: 703-231-6713,  Fax 703-231-5034