Re: Silly Little MGB Questions

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Silly Little MGB Questions
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 17:26:11 -0400 (EDT)
I have been reading all about MGBs, so I feel qualified to answer the
following.

On Wed, 5 Apr 1995, Todd Mullins wrote:

> - What's the deal with those zip-out rear windows?  When it comes time
>   for my top replacement (probably next year), do I want one?

If the weather is good enough to zip out the window, why would you have
the top up?  If you have the top down, why would you want the window
unzipped?

> - What's this sticker on the left-hand side of my steering column which
>   reads "Caution:  Manual Store Release Lever", with an arrow pointing
>   down the column towards the bulkhead?

You must have an ex-military MGB.  They have all sorts of funny
stickers.

> - What's a MOWOG?

It comes from "'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, didst gire and gimbol
in the wabe.  All mimsy were the borograves, and the mowog outgrabe."  I
think Lewis Carroll wrote it, but I could be wrong.  My education is
in science.

> - Why did B(PS)L reverse the taillamp wiring on '70-'80 US-spec models?

Planned obsolescence, British Leyland style.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910