Re: SU vs Weber

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: SU vs Weber
From: Joanne Hershfield / Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 20:35:20 -0400 (EDT)

> Probably what you really want would be a just-barely-out-of-the-yellow flame.
..
well, from my few tweeks on a colortune, i went by the charts on both my
MGB's, one a "new" car and engine and one a very NOT NEW engine.... both
with dual SU's although each has a different type of Su, AND

per the blue flame, and a slight yellow I drove around and drove around,
both well balanced at least, but fart fart spit spit,  Checked the plugs,
very lean...... so I went for the rich adjust up, and Up and up, evenly
to both sides...... welll it took a  lot of turns, but they both started
to run much better at idle and running, so turned and drove till plugs
looked perfect....

Cross checked with the COLRTUNE.... pretty orange at idle.... now the
older car, could be other probs, but the '71, rebuilt everything,
includuing throttle shafts....new gaskets, new engine etc......same
story, they run great now though... so, colortune got me balanced, then an
even tweek to both carbs brought things in line.... I as others have
suggested... default to plug color.... and I don't idle long enough to
foul anything.....

EH.... Safety Fast  ... EH...EH..

Jim Fink