Re: Start up Oil pres.

To: Glen Bolen <boleng@metro.or.gov>
Subject: Re: Start up Oil pres.
From: Joanne Hershfield / Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 20:44:41 -0400 (EDT)

> I recently rebuilt an engine for a VW Rabbit.  Before startup I  made a
> little tool to fit into my electric drill that fits into the distributor
> hole to turn the oil pump.  This way the oil is pumped around without
> moving any other parts in the process.

Well, dats a wabbitt I guess.... on the MGB the Dist is geared to the Cam
shaft and the oil pump is also geared to the cam shaft, I think about an
inch or so away.... thus, the elctric drill would have to do the same
thing as the starter... turn everything to get to the oil pump........

Oh Welll....

Jim.