Re: Tire's

To: RobBerning@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire's
From: "JOHN WHITEHEAD" <WHITEJ@sunynassau.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 18:24:16 EST
> What would be the best fitting Standard tire size to use on my 72 MGB.

Rob,

    I'm rather new, but would like to help where I am somewhat able.
I  have a 1973  "B" and looked in  the owners manual,   here are the
findings:

Wheel size:
    Pressed spoked 5J FH X 14
    Wire 4.5 X 14 (60-Spoke)
Tyres:
    Tourer 155SR-14 Radial-Ply
    GT 165SR-14 Radial-Ply

    I  added  all  new  rubber  to  the  car  when  I  purchased  it.
I   installed  Goodyear  Invicta  radials    (P175/70R14)  and  love
the characteristics. They are all weather, and seems to do Ok in the
wet.   I sure your 72 shouldn't be  to different but I'm sure you'll
get many reponses from some better authorities.

'73 MGB                     John Whitehead
'92 Toyota P/U              Network Administrator
                            Nassau Community College
                            Garden City, NY 11530

                                    [whitej@sunynassau.edu]
                                    John Whitehead