Datsun Parts

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Parts
From: <EJM03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 95 16:42:41 EDT
I had a discussion with the Datsun-Roadster group on this list a few months
ago. I picked up a MGA 1500 coupe as a parts car for my vintage racer. The 1500
 block had a DATSUN head. The block, intake and exhaust were MG     The car was
 run for a number of years with this Datsun head. It looks like a MG head excep
t for the blue valve cover stamped DATSUN held  on by 6 screws. The heater
outlet is a pipe fitting. I pulled the  head and the valves are much smaller
like those found on early Nash Metropolitians. The Datsun group identified it a
s from a E 1200 or J 1300 engine. These were used in the pickups and 410 and
 411 sedans.The trunk held a  nice cast aluminum oil pan with bulges on each
side from a later 411 SSS sedan with the R16 engine. It, sorry to say, does
 not fit my racing MGA 1600 block.  The R16 was  a pushrod motor. The U20 and
  L series engines have single overhead camshafts.

Gene Myszkowski    1959 MGA roadster on the road
1959 MGA 1600 coupe on the track
1969 MGC GT in restoration

ejm03%health.state.ny.us