Re: 3 or 5 Main?

To: garyc@cc.snow.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3 or 5 Main?
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 03:17:08 -0400
the 5 main, which is engine # preface 18GB or higher, started in 1965, along
with push button door handles and the 14 gallon tank. This DOES NOT mean a 65
has a 5 main, just that some of them do, and I have seen 3 main cars with
push button doors and 5 main cars with pull handles, in the usual BMC
tradition of chaotic model changes.Of course I've got one of the few wierd 67
Bs, with 68-on type rear axle, backup lights, and "ear-less" spinners on the
wire wheels, all original from the factory, on a non-smog, 18GB, steel dash
car! This wierdness was actually admitted to by the factory, and I have seen
a couple of others around....it does get some puzzled looks at car shows!