Re: Be a Radio Converter not Car Converter

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@MVDNS1.MV-oc.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Be a Radio Converter not Car Converter
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv-oc.Unisys.COM
Date: 02 JUN 95 10:26
   I used an inverter in TINTIN for awhile.  Since I didn't wire the radio
through the ignition switch, the silly thing would put out a high-pitched
whine all the time.  It would tend to discharge the battery.  When I
attempted to add a CB radio, it kept burning out.  After returning the
radio three times, I decided to convert.  It was trivial, even with the
dual six-volt batteries.  The only consideration was opening the
electronic tach to switch the leads and reverse the pickup loop on the
back.  Re polarizing the generator was a snap. I now have a single
twelve-volt battery.  These are my only deviations from original equipment.
  It's most definitely worth it!

*Philippe Tusler - El Toro, CA           | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV-OC.unisys.com | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*