Re: Wheels for MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels for MGB
From: tsg_bhl@opco.enet.dec.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 95 17:04:55 PDT
>Johnmowog@aol.com writes:
>I am  interested in other cars that have a direct bolt on wheel for the B
>
>Nothing is truely direct bolt on, in that you _must_ consider wheel offset to
>prevent bearing problems.
>But, having said that, you will find that being a steel wheel MGB owner is a
>Good Thing when wheel shopping.
>Besides the usual MGB aftermarket stuff, many Mustang, Z car and other
>Nissan/Datsun, and a host of other cars all have the same bolt pattern ,
>4X4.5 inches. So go explore the junk yards, tire shops, et.al... there's
>millions to choose from!
>Practicallity wise, I'd go with a 6 inch wheel, and 195-60/15 should be a
>nice fit. If you are adventurous and have a cooperative wheel shop, I saw a B
>with 215/50/15s that fit, NO rubbing, but it took a perfect offset match to
>make it all fit!

I've got 225/40/18s on 8 inch rims on the front of my MGB...tight fit
we had to open the guards(make the circle larger) and a bit of inner guard
work. The fronts running custom suspension so i'm not even sure if this combo
would work on standard B suspension...On the rear i've got 255/35/18s on
9=" rims....this is an easy fit and requires no work apart from folding over
the lip on the guard...

enjoy
|Byron Lister........Digital Equipment Corporation........tsg_bhl@enet.dec.com |
|      '64 5.0L V8 twin turbo MGB Roadster "BITEME"...100% Street Driven       |
|    Them:9 seconds thats a pretty slow 0-60   Me:No thats for the 1/4 mile    |
|                 When Too Much HorsePower Is Barely Enough                    |