Re: Radio Converter -Reply

To: rlancaster@ntia.doc.gov
Subject: Re: Radio Converter -Reply
From: MarvinCX2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 03:19:07 -0400

>  The conversion of
>the car's system from positive ground to negative ground is NOT as
>simple as many posters have said, unless you work on these things
>every day like John does.

This is simply not true!  The conversion is simple, if you have the proper
instructions.  Especially simple if you have a mechanical tach. instead of an
electrical tach.  If the interested party has any electrical/mechanical
skills, and the proper instructions (I got mine from an old moss catalog) the
conversion should not take more than 1 hour, if that.  It really is switching
maybe 4 sets of wires (maximum), polarizing the generator, and switching the
tach. if necessary.  True, if one is inept as a british car owner/repairer,
one will have problems doing this.

Phil Bates
67 MGB (negative ground converted, with electrical tach.)
75 Jaguar XJ12C
52 MG TD replicar (VW)