RE: white stuff in Spitfire bonnet seams

To: croned@rcinet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: white stuff in Spitfire bonnet seams
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 8:37:01 -0500 (CDT)
>Anyway, my question concerns some
>white stuff in the seams on the side of spitfire, [...]
>The stuff most closely resembles bathroom caulking.

The correct sealer to use is called "seam sealer", which is usually
available from your automotive paint supplier.  When dry, it's not nearly
as rubbery as bathroom caulking, and usually has the specific property of
being "paintable".

And yes, every LBC I've owned has had cracks in the paint over the seams.

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB