***MINICAR & MICROCAR CLUB MEET JUNE 16-18****

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: ***MINICAR & MICROCAR CLUB MEET JUNE 16-18****
From: hyke@sirius.com (Lea Hyke)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 95 09:53:00 -0700
Just a reminder to everyone that is interested that the Microcar and
Minicar National Club Meet is upon us.

The agenda is as follows:
The  Annual Microcar & Minicar meet is open to all interested parties with
a small car, lurkers, watchers, voyeurs, etc.

Friday evening June 16th Presidio Officers Club  (P.O.C.) which is located
at the corner of  MORAGA  and  ARGUELLO IN the Presidio National Park
(formerly the military base), our newest national park!in San Francisco. We
have hired the Attic Bar & Terrace Room whose sweeping views of the Golden
Gate Bridge and a fabulous outdoor terrace, and fireplace, are from 6PM to
11PM for us exclusively.  This event is a must for anyone who has been
curious about the Presidio but can't get in to these places due to
non-military status. The club will be closing permanently on June 30th so
we are getting in just under the wire. Look for the balloons out front, and
my Bubble Window Isetta Convertible.
****ENTER THROUGH THE LOMBARD GATE!!!!

The admission is free to all who are members of the Microcar & Minicar Club
and for those who are not members of M&M there is a nominal charge of $5.00
per family/couple to cover the costs of the food. Dress code is creative
black tie which basically means, tuxedo okay, tuxedo jacket with high-top
sneakers okay, dress fun, semi-formal and be creative!! Show off your true
self. P.S. I'll be the one in the evening gown with the bowling
shoes!!!This is to be a kick off party for the car show and event to
follow.

Saturday, June 17th is the main event.  We will begin at 10AM. We expect to
hold that daytime event and car show in the same parking lot in front of
the P.O.C.  However, if we anticipate a larger than 30 car turnout we will
move it to the Crissy Field area. There is ample parking there and the map
which follows will show both locations. If you should go to the P.O.C.
first and not see me & M&M flag, you should proceed to the second location
which is just a few blocks away. If the weather is foul, the more likely
spot is the P.O.C. it gets less wind.

Saturday, June 17th is to be the actual event and the location as mentioned
in the preceding paragraph is TBD based largely on turnout and weather. We
have 50 cars comfirmed so far!!! Trophies to cars that show with different
categories like farthest driven, most unique, etc. will be given. There
will be dash plaques available for all attendees who bring cars, and for
sale to those who don't ($2). Bring a lunch if possible.

Saturday evening our awards banquet and post event shmoozefest to celebrate
the days activities location will be announced at the meet. Saturday night.
****Heres the catch for sat evening. If you plan on attending the dinner
(this will be a casual nite as compared to Friday's pseudo-formal gig),
please drop me a note in the mail confirming to:
Lea Hyke
P.O. Box 471783
San Francisco, Ca 94147
415 885-5564 CALLS ACCEPTED ONLY AFTER 5P>M>
with a check to Microcar & Minicar Club(no cash please) for $5.00 per
person and let me know you are confirming your interest in attending
Saturday's dinner.  This money will be put towards your dinner bill when
you arrive.
***For obvious reasons I prefer you get this to me by no later than June 13th.

Sunday June 18th (Also father's day!) We are planning a road rallye.
Details will not be given out prior to the event to give a bit of mystery
to the whole thing. This will start at 9:00AM promptly and will gather at
the parking lot across the street from Marina Safeway in front of Fort
Mason. Again, look for the M & M flag. If you plan on attending this,
please be sure to check out your cars driveability, gas & oil levels, tire
inflation and all before you get started. Once we are on the road, we hope
for no tragedies.

That's all for now, if there is anyone interested in helping to plan or
that wants to be involved more please feel free to call me directly (and
after 5PM PLEASE!)I encourage the assistance.

Look forward to seeing you all there, and if you don't have a car to push,
pull, tow or drive, don't let that stop you, COME ANYWAY!!!!

hyke@sirius.com