re:fuel pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:fuel pump
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 19:00:35 -0700
Jim Arnott,

    Unfortunately I have a 32/36 DGV conversion not a 45DCOE. You say
you have a DCOE kit but which one? There is the 45 DCOE 9 and the 45
DCOE 13. According to a book I have on Weber carbs the MGB should have
the following setups:

                      DCOE 9(62-74)         DCOE 13(75-80)

Main venturi =             36                   34
Aux. venturi =             4.5                  3.5
Main jet =                 150                  145
Emulsion tube =            F16                  F2
Air corrector jet =        170                  165
Idle jet =                 50F8                 50F9
Acc. pump jet =             60                   50
Pump ex. valve =          closed                 50

The book I mention has no info on the DGV except general installation
procedures. John Twist thinks that my carb runs rich because the fuel
pump in question (SU AUF300) may be supplying more than the needed 3.0
psi. If the fuel is not overpressurized then I may need to re-jet the
carb. I kind of thought that since the carb was marketed as a
conversion kit especially for the MGB (by VB) then the carb would be
already setup for the MGB. Am I being naive? Does anyone know how the
DGV is supposed to be jetted? The choke works fine, there are no vacuum
leaks and the timing is perfect. I've got to pass the #@$%!*#@
emissions test in this $#@*!% state. Getting better than 5 mpg would be
cool too. Car (77B) runs so damn rich I can carbon a new plug in 30
seconds. Ideas, questions, info, anything? This carb thing is driving
me *%^$#@ nuts.

                    Dave Hay