Re: re:fuel pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: re:fuel pump
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 21:38:09 -0700
Johnmowog@aol.com wrote:

>the typical S.U pump supplies about 2.5 psi. The manual, at least the
>bentley one, has a pints/minute spec so you can run the output into a
>bottle and measure volume delivered. I think your problem is
>elsewhere, could be the carb isn't jetted properly. If the conversion
>was meant for an early car and you're running a catalist era motor, I
>would say that would be Very Likely, as the compression ratio, cam,
>etc are all different on the catalyst era motor than on the earlier
>engine.

When I rebuilt the engine I used the pistons from the 65-70 MGB and the
head from a 67B. The cam is a slightly quicker grind (aftermaket) and
the distributor is the conventional type (Lucas 45D). Also using stock
exhaust from 68-74 B.
    The Haynes service manual says the pump should be delivering 18
gallons per hour or 2.4 pints per minute if my math skills haven't left
me. Does this agree with Bentley's (darn well better)? Still convinced
it's the jetting of the DGV? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance.

                    Dave Hay (77 MGB)