Re: clutch bleed method? -Reply

To: RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov
Subject: Re: clutch bleed method? -Reply
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 20:44:04 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995 RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov wrote:

> OK, I'll be the first.  How does a balloon stretched over the mouth
> of the brake MC or the clutch MC keep air out of the lines, since its
> full of air?  And how do you top up the MC with fluid during the
> process with the baloon in the way?  Thanks for the clarifications in
> advance.

Randy,

        Think about it....the balloon causes enough pressure to push the
 fluid in a topped up clutch master cylinder, including bubble, out of
the slave bleed nipple.  Since this was nearly four years ago now, I
can't remember whether the clutch pedal was depressed, half depressed or
what.  I don't remember it being an easy process though since the Midget
master cylinder doesn't hold much fluid.

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorada State University
Fort Collins  CO