MGBs are Tough!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGBs are Tough!
From: rcg1597@phoenix.net (Rick Guynn)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 22:44:22 -0500
Hi all,

I'd like to relate a quick story and ask a couple of questions.  I have just
acquired what's left of a
'79 MGB due to the misfortune (negligence?) of a friend of mine.

Here's the story:
It seems my friend was driving back to College Station from Houston, and
(although he has
neither confirmed nor denied it) started to drift off.  He came back into
focus just as he was head
ing straight towards a white mailbox and initiated what I would consider a
natural reaction, he
swerved to avoid it.  Unfortunately he overcompensated and took the car all
the way to the other
side side of the (two-lane) highway where he hit an embankment and attempted
an unlicensed
aerobatic maneuver.  The DPS gauged that he flipped the car (this is a
roadster) 3-5 times with
one of them most likely being an end over.  Now here's the line for all
those people (certainly not
on this list but in the general population)  who think these type of cars
are just too dangerous:
He came out of this with a broken finger, a bruised neck (from the shoulder
harness) and a cut
on his foot (he was wearing sandals).  Other than that he is just really
bummed.  Oh, and the jerk
of a DPS officer was going to write him a ticket for not wearing his glasses
until his parents found
them (undamaged) at the crash site!

The Question:
After I strip the car for all useful parts (some of which may appear for
sale later), what is the
easiest way to get rid of the julk that remains? BTW just about every inch
of sheetmetal is
trashed, but it appears that the interior, gauges and all mechanical parts
(including the wheels)
are intact.  So I'll be taking all the mechanical parts off and getting rid
of just about evrything
else.  Will junkyards take that kind of thing?  Is there a scrap-metal
reclamation center for these
kinds of things?

-Rick
rcg1597@phoenix.net