Midget slave cyl.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget slave cyl.
From: gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 95 08:52 EDT
RE: Bleeding Midget clutchs

The one sure way of bleeeding the Midget clutch to get ALL the air out of the
system
is to have the clutch slave cyl. positioned ABOVE the master cyl. On the Midget
this
is impossible because the clutch line passed through a small hole in the
battery tray.

One could try to turn the car over and bleed the clutch that way, but that gets
too impracticle

My solution was to cut a hole in the battery tray, big enough for the slave
cyl. to
pass though (with the flexible line still attached). Then hang the slave cyl.
from the bonnet catch and use a C-clamp to hold the slave cyl. piston in place.

Now ask an assistant (usually my wife), to depress the clutch pedal while I
crack
the bleed nipple open. Do this a couple fo time and you will be guaranteed to
have NO air in the system.

Now pass the slave cyl. though the hole you have made in the battery box and
reattach the slave cyl. Job finished.

Sure it takes a while longer to bleed the clutch but it has worked every time
for
me on 2 cars.

gerry