Re: MGBs are Tough!

To: mgs@autox.team.net, rcg1597@phoenix.net
Subject: Re: MGBs are Tough!
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 07:37:36 -0400
> The Question:
> After I strip the car for all useful parts (some of which may appear for
> sale later), what is the
> easiest way to get rid of the julk that remains? BTW just about every inch
> of sheetmetal is
> trashed, but it appears that the interior, gauges and all mechanical parts
> (including the wheels)
> are intact.  So I'll be taking all the mechanical parts off and getting rid
> of just about evrything
> else.  Will junkyards take that kind of thing?  Is there a scrap-metal
> reclamation center for these
> kinds of things?
>
> -Rick
> rcg1597@phoenix.net
>

> p.s.  The car started this afternoon!

Well you could put about 500 lbs of bondo on it and sell and we could
all here another DPO story from someone. Or, if you strip out all of
the non-metallic stuff you can sell it for scrap. Look up scrap dealers
in the phone book. My town has a refuse transfer station. They have a
scrap metal bin that occasionally gets a car that has been cut into
manageable size pieces. You don't get any cash but it's easy to get rid
of a body shell.

- -Mark    = =o&o