Re: Midget Handling

To: mgs@autox.team.net, tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: Re: Midget Handling
From: Alan Tong <alan@picotech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 12:22:44 GMT
In your message dated Thursday 22, June 1995 you wrote :
> A friend of mine (Mike Mchaffee) also has a Panhard rod installed
> on his '73. Stops the rear axel from shifting under hard cornering...
> He also has a 7/8 front  sway bar and 185/55 tires (man are they in
> there tight!). The car corners like nobodies business, I tried it and
> basically Mike spent most of his time screaming at me "more gas, MORE GAS"
> going around the corners.....apparently I was nowhere near the edge of
> the grip envelope. I was used to driving a stock Midget then though.
>
> My only gripe about the car was it was stiff as a board when you hits
> bumps and so on....almost to the point of jarring your spine!
>
> Marcus

A couple of questions, did your friend have to modify the wheelarches to get
these tyres to fit (eg remove the lip). I have 175s with very little clearance
at the back.

Where does the panhard rod attach to, I used to have anti tramp bars, but was
not aware that panhard rods were availible.

Many Thanks
Alan Tong
"Who's General Failure & why's he reading my disk?"