Master Cylinder and Stored MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinder and Stored MGB
From: Robert Dohner <rdohner@cais.cais.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
  I had asked the group about precautions in retrieving a 67 MGB that had
been stored in Elmira NY for 3 years.  One response, from my own mechanic
here, worried me.  He argued that the master brake cylinder in a stored
MGB may have deteriorated enough in three years of storage to fail
unexpectedly in a medium-long drive, and that I should have the master
cylinder replaced before I drive it  home.

  Any reactions?

  Does anyone know of a MG-knowledgeable repair shop in the Elmira/Corning/
Cornell NY area?

  Thanks, Robert Dohner

(And my thanks to A.B. Bonds, Dick Berger, David Hall, Nick Benson,
Darryl, Phil Bates, Randy Lancaster, James Howard, Will Zehring, and
Johnmowog for your advice.)