Re: Fuel sending unit resistance values.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel sending unit resistance values.
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1995 08:08:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 14 Jul 1995, Mark Jurras wrote:

> I'm am wondering if anyone has replaced the voltage stabilizer with a
> three terminal regulator. This seems a more straight forward approch
> since no dropping resister needs to be added to protect the zener. It
> will also give much better regulation than a zener. Not that the stabilizer
>is all that great.

All this is fine (esp. if you can calibrate the voltage regulator to
>exactly< the equivalent of the stablizer) but 1) why?  The stabilizer is
a pretty sturdy component.. and 2) It's not "original"...

Then you also miss the excitement of plugging the tach into the chopped
voltage instead of 12v....

Anyway, the hard part is figuring out the steady-voltage equivalent.  We
say 10v but it might be 9.6v or whatever... the gauges and senders are
calibrated around this power source.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle