FW: Carb spacer - What for?

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Carb spacer - What for?
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 13:52:00 PDT

>77 Midget with 1500 engine and a single Zienith/Stromberg.  There is a
>3/8 in. spacer between the carb and the intake manifold and I just had
>an interest in its function, if any.  It incorporates a small recessed
>area (aprox 1/4 in.) which appears to allow the bypass of air or fuel.

The earlier MGA also incorporated this piece. I've found it so useful, I've
had some made up to fit my TD.

The purpose is simple - it is a heat insulator. It prevents the transfer of
heat from the engine back into the carbs. This cures all sorts of vapor lock
problems.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com