MG not ready for 1st vacation

To: British Car List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG not ready for 1st vacation
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 14:03:31 -0500 (CDT)
Well, I just ran out of time.  The new floorpan went in fine, as did the
carpet, seats, dash, winshield and rear speakers.  The engine is another
story.

The lugage rack went on OK (so I had to re-drill the rear holes, lucily
the peice is wide enough to cover the ones I screwed up.)  As did most of
the lights (except the ones whose bulb holders have rusted out.)

The fuel pumps pumps, but leaks, as does one carb (I simply tore
down and rebuilt with no new parts).  The carb parts will be in next
week, and I will be in a cabin at a lake in Grenada, MS. FOR A WHOLE WEEK!!!

What to do when I'm there??  Well, I got a wiring harness froma salvage
yard in Dallas, and I have a cd player ready to go in.  I am going to
make a "stereo system" wiring harness from the harness.

Upon return, the rear tube shock mounting assembly I designed will
be cut out, welded together (upper shock bolt will be in double shear,
and lower mounting plate will get a gusset welded to it (this should
eliminate tendency for bolts to bend/loosen, break) and bolted on the car.

I watched the SU tuning video, and will have some confidence that the
beast will crank and run in time to go to New Mexico.

Have fun

Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME - Mississippi State University
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)

"An object at rest cannot be stopped." The evil midnight bomber
what bombs at midnight    FROM "THE TICK"