Re: MGB & LE Differences

To: mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: MGB & LE Differences
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 16:58:30 PDT
Thank You Denise Thorpe,  You are quite right!  Sounds like a bunch of
old ladys sitting around having tea, maybe we should switch to Pepsi and
get on with it.  If it's black and you like it, then enjoy, it's yours.

> On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Denise Thorpe wrote:
>
> > For people who will quibble about the paucity of black MGB's, a lot of
> > black MGB's other than the '67 and '79 limited editions were SOLD by
> > dealerships, but they weren't black when they got here.  There was a GT
>
> > Denise Thorpe
> > thorpe@kegs.saic.com
>
> I have been looking at a 63 B that I am 99.44% sure was originally black
> with a red interior.  If it was repainted by the dealer, then the dealer
> totally dismantled the car, stripped the original paint, and started
> over.  In the book Original MGB, that combination is listed for the 63.
>
>    Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                 Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                 gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910

I said:

The LE model was a basic MGB with what was essentially a trim package.  It
was the first black MG exported to America since a special edition MGB-GT
in '67.                                    ^^^^^

For people who will quibble about the paucity of black MGB's, a lot of
                                      ^^^^^^^                 ^^^^^^^^
black MGB's other than the '67 and '79 limited editions were SOLD by
dealerships, but they weren't black when they got here.

Did I SAY that absolutely no black MGB's were EVER sold outside of the '67
and '79 limited editions?  And while I'm at it, let me point out that I
mistakenly said "the first black MG" when I meant "the first black MGB."
Are any other explanations or corrections required?

In other mailing lists, people tell stories.  They tell stories about
themselves.  They just up and announce what they and their cars have been
doing lately.  That doesn't happen here.  If someone on this list told a
story about driving car xyz in aught six, the only responses they'd get
would be five people telling them that they couldn't have been driving that
car that year because it wasn't made until aught seven.  I was kinda hoping
to prompt people to tell "bizarre color combination" stories, not spark a
debate about whether bugeyes ever came in black.  I want to hear people's
stories.  Anyone else?

Denise "I'm entitled to my opinion, too." Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com