Re: new engine/re-engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new engine/re-engine
From: Dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 95 14:01:28 EDT
Jay Tilton writes:

>d) A high-voltage ignition coil couldn't hurt things.  If your old Lucas
>electronic ignition is spotty, get a Crane/Allison setup, too.  It's a snap
>to install in your 45DE4 distributor.
We just went through this and it was decided that there are better routes to
go than the Crane/Allison setup.  The C/A setup is difficult it get set up
correctly in the hour time claimed.  My Lumenition system has a fitting kit
specifically designed for the 45 dizzy.  The Pirhana also gets good marks
for installation.  Once the C/A is correctly installed and timed, it works
well.  Just that it takes more doing than for the others.  The warranty on
the Lumenition can't be beat either, lifetime, even in racing applications.
And best of all, the Lumenition comes over the big pond for US of A-ers.

And no, I don't have any ties with Lumenition, etc, etc....  Just a very
vroomy customer :-)

P.S.  My horse power solution was a C instead of a B.  The factory hot rod
that was sent to the US.

Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581