Re: More Advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Advice
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:55:07 +0500
David M. writes:

>That said, I would like to know your
>opinions on the following:
>
>               1967 MGB Mark I
>               Mostly complete (no fuel pump or oil cooler)
>               Ran recently
>               Very original (even the chrome grille is in good shape)
>
>       But, here's the problem...
>
>               The body may need help from above.
>
>My question is, for $800, is it worth it? Has anyone out there heard of a
>situation where a body could not be restored (assuming I had enough money)? It
>seems to me it would be a really cool car to get back on the road (in a few
>years,  I know)

I am not sure about this but... is the British Motor Heritage body shell
appropriate for a '67?  If the body is that far gone then it might arguably
be more economical, less work, probably better, etc. to go with a new body
shell.  I just am not sure if the body sheel that is available is
appropriate for '67 cars.  My gut feeling is that it'll do, with some mods.
I've heard mixed reviews on the quality of the shells but I have no personal
experience.  Any comments with the body shells?

Apart from the above  consideration, I'll reveal my well hidden opinons on
this and vote "abolute yes" for a '67.  I believe the pre-rubber dash Bs are
the cream of the crop.  Like the T-shirt I saw at Elkhart Lake says...
"Sure they made Corvettes after 1967, but who the hell cares?"

Will "wears it on his sleeve, too" Zehring