re: RE: MGA

To: <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: re: RE: MGA
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 12:28:23 -24000
I've stopped trying to figure out why some cars sell for what they do.

My favorite example of this is the Porche 914, a car which was never a leader
in technology, engine, or styling.  It's a warmed over Beetle!  But since it
says "Porche" on the hood, every yahoo out there is trying to charge $5k for
a rusted out piece of junk.  I once thought one of these would make a decent
daily driver; I was naive.

They aren't making any more LBC's.  Say what you will about them, LBC's are
still well-styled, simple to work on, and reasonably reliable if well
maintained.   Eventually the buying public is going to discover this, and the
LBC's left will appreciate.  Grab the LBC's while you can afford to, before
the great unwashed hordes of profit-takers start charging $5k for rusted out
hulks.

I'll now pass the soapbox on to the next person.

Sean "I feel much better now" Johnson
'79 MGB
'75 Spitfire