Re: MG TD tires. need advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG TD tires. need advice
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:26:04 +1000
>I'm ready to buy a new set of tires for my MG-TD.
>Are there any alternative tires to the "original Dunlops" found in the
>MG part catalogs? Can radial ply tires be used? If so, do they still
>have to have inner-tubes? I remember the big handling improvement my
>first set of radials made back in the late 60's on a 64 Saab 96.
>
>Thanks in advance.

The Dunlop cross ply tyres (tires) are the authentic pattern for the TD but
who really wants to drive around on cross ply tyres?  If you have wire
wheels on your TD then you must obviously use tubes, otherwise it should be
possible to get a good seal with tubeless.  If it was me then would have no
hesitation in fitting radials.

Regards
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au