Re: 72 Midget -- Frozen Air Pump

To: ciaffone@nando.net
Subject: Re: 72 Midget -- Frozen Air Pump
From: craig@wco.com (craig wiper)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 22:18:24 -0700
>And my air pump is FROZEN up (disconnected and removed, too).
>Any suggestions for (a) getting an air pump that is "hooked
>up", but (2) not spending the $500.00 or so that Moss/Vicky
>want for a rebuilt job??
>

>chuck
>
>Hi Chuck, My air pump froze up on me once. I took it apart carefully,
cleaned off all rust I found and regreased the bearings on either end (about
6 years ago). She is still working and pumping air to this day. It didn't
cost me but about a couple hours of time. As far as hooking it up, you can
follow the diagrams in the Moss catalogs to see how the smog equipment is
routed if you don't have any other way of finding out.

Bye,
Craig Wiper
Santa Rosa, CA
craig@wco.com