Wedding Registry, was Wrenching women

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wedding Registry, was Wrenching women
From: JAMES <JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 20:56:54 -0500 (CDT)
Denise Thorpe wrote;

>...if you married one, you could register with Snap-on.

This reminds me, why is it that women get to go to their stores and sign up for
all the stuff they want, and us guys "get" to go along? Five years ago,
I wanted to go to the Craftsman Department at Sears (AArrr, Arrr, Arr!) and
make up a list of stuff _I_ wanted, but when I voiced my desire, I was met with
rolled eyes and smirks. (not by my fiance, though. she is much too loving and
kind, not to mention standing right behind me. and now she's my wife, so it
wasn't _that_ much of a smirk, more a benevolent smile.)

Anyway,
IT would seem that there is an untapped marketing opportunity for some
enterprising car parts/tool company (are you listening, VB? Moss? Sears?)

Anybody else agree, or are you all busy rolling your eyes
and benevolently smiling?

James "seeking equality (ya, riight)" B.
'71 MGB
'71 Lesabre