Re: Wedding Registry, was Wrenching women

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wedding Registry, was Wrenching women
From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 07:38:32 EDT
Wrote:

>This reminds me, why is it that women get to go to their stores and sign up for
>all the stuff they want, and us guys "get" to go along? Five years ago,
>I wanted to go to the Craftsman Department at Sears (AArrr, Arrr, Arr!) and
>make up a list of stuff _I_ wanted, but when I voiced my desire, I was met with
>rolled eyes and smirks. (not by my fiance, though. she is much too loving and
>kind, not to mention standing right behind me. and now she's my wife, so it
>wasn't _that_ much of a smirk, more a benevolent smile.)
>
>Anyway,
>IT would seem that there is an untapped marketing opportunity for some
>enterprising car parts/tool company (are you listening, VB? Moss? Sears?)
If you want to renew your vows, you can register at a real store.  I know
that at least Home Depot does have a "couple registry" instead of the usual
bridal registry.  Just don't know if they carry V8s that fit your 71 MGB for
more power ;-) ;-)

Mark "Whose more power comes from a 3L straight 6 (C/GT), and lives in a
100+ year-old house so Home Depot would be just fine, thank you" Dodd