Re: GTs w/V8s

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GTs w/V8s
From: MGBay@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 14:39:09 -0400
The '77 and later MGBs  are the easiest to stuff a V8 into.  This is because
the radiator support brackets were moved forward from the original position.
 I don't believe you would need to make any other modifications to the body
to make this work.  You can buy the kits or pieces to mate it up to your
standard B trans or some folks like to add the overdrive box when they make
the swap.  The standard B rearend works just fine, here again some use a
rearend out of the MGC with a lower gear ratio.  The MGC had at least three
different gear ratios and I think the most desireable is from the MGC
automatic.

Vrrrrrooooommmmm!

RCB