re: Sticky Midget 1500 Throttle

To: <WMBART@cardiff.ac.uk>
Subject: re: Sticky Midget 1500 Throttle
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 8:18:57 -24000
I know you can buy devices to lube odometer cables, but I'm not sure about
throttles.  Anyways, the cost for the lube device is about the same as for a
cable, so I'd go for the new cable.

I have in the past removed a cable from the cover, rubbed grease into the
cable, and reinserted the cable into the cable cover.  You will have to clip
the usually frayed cable end in order to reinsert it, and wrap the end in a
single thickness of tape.  It's still like pushing on a rope, so I don't
recommend this procedure unless your car is running so well that your
frustration has fallen to dangerously low levels.

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB
'75 Spitfire