Sticky Midget 1500 Throttle -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net, WMBART@cardiff.ac.uk
Subject: Sticky Midget 1500 Throttle -Reply
From: kbest@novell.com (karl best)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 18:18:49 -0400
>>> ANDREW R TRIMBY <WMBART@cardiff.ac.uk> 08/24/95 05:16am

Does anyone have any remedies to cure a sticky throttle cable on my
Midget. I've tried greasing the peddle brackets and the moving bits  on the
carbs. I find it really annoying and difficult to control,  sometimes it seems
to be all or nothing and I think it's putting  premature wear on my clutch!
Perhaps I should just replace the  cable.  >>>

Have you tried greasing the cable? I suspect that the cable is the same
type as on my MGA,with the cable running through a housing, just like a
bicycle (in fact, it *is* a bicycle cable). Pull the cable out of the housing,
apply a liberal amount of grease, then insert it through the housing again
and hook everything back up. Check for broken strands or rough spots
while you've got it apart.

-Karl