Re: Solicitng MGB accident anecdotes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solicitng MGB accident anecdotes
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 95 16:14:38 PDT
Jay Tilton asked:

> Hello, all.  I'm looking for stories (no urban legends, please) relating to
> the remarkable safety of MGB's.  I think they would make great fodder for my
> Web page.  I know we had a smattering of these recently, but I tossed them
>all.
>
> So, if you've been in an accident in your B, please tell me about it,
> especially if you received comments along the lines of "you should be dead
> after that."   I can't offer any real rewards, but you'll receive full
> credit of course, including a link to your own page.
>
> Thanks!

It didn't happen to me, I didn't see it happen, but I saw the results.
A brand new '79 Limited Edition B was towed into the body shop of the
britcar dealership where I worked.  The front suspension was crushed,
there was an imprint of the top of the engine in the hood (bonnet), and
the top of the windshield frame was pushed down in the middle.  The story
was that the car had hit a cow at highway speeds.  The cow bounced on the
hood (bonnet), clipped the windshield frame, and then flew completely over
the rest of the car.  The occupants didn't get a scratch.  The car was
repaired, but the cow was totalled.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com