Re: Toyota 4/5 speed gearboxes in MGBs??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Toyota 4/5 speed gearboxes in MGBs??
From: tsg_bhl@opco.enet.dec.com
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 95 15:29:40 PDT
>From: jpeacock@hk.super.net
>Subject: Re: Toyota 4/5 speed gearboxes in MGBs??
>To: pauletc@ozemail.com.au (Paul Loschiavo), mgs@autox.team.net
>
>The answer to the Toyota box conversion is YES. The conversion bellhousing's
>are available from a source in New Zealand as a friend obtained one for me for
>my race 'B'. Unfortunately I never got round to fitting it as the
>classification rules changed and made such a conversion illegal - but I still
>have the bits somewhere in my store. The intention was to mate this
>bellhousing with  a Toyota Supra 5 Speed box which would cope with all the
>power the B could throw at it, and provide synchro on all gears. The other mod
>required is a shortened propshaft and presumably alterations to the rear
>gearbox support bracket.
>
>Iunderstand that these conversions are in use on a number of 'B ' racers in
>New Zealand. Any 'Net' users down there able to fill in furter details
>including the name of the supplier?

If my guess is right the suppliers names is Dellow....They are located
in Sydney, NSW, Australia..and they also sell things in New Zealand. The
Toyota 5 speed conversion is very popular and Dellow provide kits to fit
just about anything(including gearbox if needed)...The make bellhousings to
mate most boxes to most motors and they also do custom work...

The number is 64 2 7744419....
|Byron Lister........Digital Equipment Corporation........tsg_bhl@enet.dec.com |
|      '64 5.0L V8 twin turbo MGB Roadster "BITEME"...100% Street Driven       |
|    Them:9 seconds thats a pretty slow 0-60   Me:No thats for the 1/4 mile    |
|                 When Too Much HorsePower Is Barely Enough                    |