Interior Panels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior Panels
From: VFVR80E@prodigy.com (MR JOHN M ROGERS)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 1995 21:14:39 EDT
-- [ From: John Rogers * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I just recently rebuilt the door pockets (or whatever you call them) on
my '62 MGA.  Looks really good.  I used panel board that I got from the
upholstery supply and copied the old warped,shrunk, crinkled up ones
that were there.  I guess after 33 years in a door, I'd look crinkled
up to.  My question is this:  The door panels that I have are made out
of sheet aluminum covered with vinyl.  I am assuming that these panels
are not original??  Were the originals made from vinyl covered panel
board similar to what I found and replaced in the pockets inside the
doors?  The aluminum panels are really nifty but I am having a hard
time getting the vinyl to stay glued to them.   Any Ideas?  Should I go
back to panel board?  The aluminum is much sturdier but curled up vinyl
somehow doesn't look so good.  Or maybe, I should try another glue?  I
am using 3M spray adhesive.